Background

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sundays and Marathon Training


Sundays are usually a relaxing fun day for us Swanson’s. We sleep in, make breakfast, and then head to early church in Siloam. After church, we head to the Dee’s so that Meag and I can get a morning run in before it gets to hot.  Rome and Sloane go swimming ….they are getting to be such great friends.


Tried french braids….she looks so grown up.
I have decided to run a half marathon this September. It has been a goal of mine for a long time, but just not possible with school. I pulled my sister into running with me, and it has been a blast. I couldn’t be more proud of her. We try to run together a couple days a week, and cross train and run the other days on our own.
It’s a challenge with a kiddo and working full time, but that’s no excuse. I try to find ways to exercise while not missing out on family time….even if that means waking up before the sun:)  I have been biking for cross training with Sloane and she loves it. I push the jogger a couple of the other days and she enjoys that as well. I think it is such a great example for kiddos to see parents active/exercising. I know that growing up with a very active family has shaped me into choosing a career that promotes that:)

As you can see, running in Arkansas can be quite an adventure. If it isn’t hills, its wildlife, or walls and walls of thick forest.




No comments:

Post a Comment